If you have an outdated or broken intercom system, it tends to stand out. But you’re also missing out on the many benefits an updated, modern system has to offer. Whether you need a new intercom system for your home, business, or other property, here’s why you need to consider replacing and upgrading your current system or installing a new one.
WHAT IS AN INTERCOM SYSTEM?
Intercom systems have been around for many years, but modern, advanced intercom systems offer better security and communication features. An intercom system is simply an electronic device that offers two-way communication. It can both transmit and receive audio—and, depending on the device, video—communication. Below are a few different types of intercom systems:
- Telephone Systems: These systems operate via integration with the property’s phone system, which allows communication between the visitor and the inside user.
- Video Systems: Video intercom systems allow users to communicate with one another through video content. They are IP-based, which means they allow users to access mobile applications to view who has paged the building or the gate, interact with them, and give them access to it from virtually any remote location.
- Motion Activated Systems: These systems contain a motion activated sensor. When the sensor detects movement, it will alert the system and record images/video.
- Paging Systems: Paging systems are hard-wired into the property’s infrastructure. Some paging systems have a network of speakers throughout the property, allowing you to communicate to every part of the property simultaneously or to specific areas if needed. Others can be incorporated into your existing phone system or mobile applications.
WHY YOU NEED AN INTERCOM SYSTEM
Now that you know a little bit more about intercom systems, here are a few reasons why you should consider updating your system or installing a new system.
- Additional Security: Intercom systems provide an additional layer of security for your business or your home. They allow you to screen your visitors before letting them in, and if you have a video intercom system, you will be able to see visitors before letting them in as well. If someone comes to your door, you can first ask the person to identify himself/herself before you give them access to your property.
- Effective Communication: Because of the multiple options of available intercom systems, they also provide a streamlined, effective form of quick communication with individuals inside or outside your property. An intercom system allows you to communicate instantly with just the push of a button.
- Increased Productivity: If you own a business, an intercom system can significantly increase your level of productivity. They not only allow you to see who is entering and leaving your business, but they also eliminate the need for front desk personnel. Once someone requests access to the property, one of the staff can simply communicate with the individual and let them in. Because the system is remote, it eliminates the need for staff to be at the entrance at all times.
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM OR INSTALL A NEW SYSTEM?
Whether you need to upgrade your outdated system or install an intercom system for the first time, we can help! Our technicians are highly skilled in the installation, repair, and replacement of intercom and paging systems. Contact us today to learn more!